Elk Neck Vet Clinic provides a wide variety of services for our four legged friends and their owners. Our core service is keeping a pet healthy through regular exams, vaccinations against life threatening diseases, and the use of preventative medications to control parasites. We also treat ill or injured animals, and can do many basic diagnostic tests or procedures right in the clinic while you wait - including digital radiographs.
Surgery is performed by laser to reduce the amount of bleeding during the procedure, as well as decreasing post-surgical pain. Incisions made by laser also heal faster and require fewer stitches than those made with a traditional scalpel. Routine surgeries include spaying, neutering and hernia repair.
Our services include boarding and bathing for dogs and cats. The Chesapeake Country Pet Lodge (located in the lower level of the veterinary clinic) features Dog Suites in our spacious kennel and a separate room for Cat Condos with Plexiglas backs so the kitties can watch the birds out a picture window.
For more information about what we offer, please see our complete listing of services below:
- We know that educated owners make the best decisions for their pet's care. We will provide you with any information you may need. CALL US at 410-287-6670 with any questions you may have.
- A full line of vaccines for cats, dogs, and ferrets
- Stool sample checks for intestinal parasites
- Yearly Heartworm, Lyme and Ehrlichia bloodwork on dogs
- Senior Profiles for any dog or cat over the age of 7 years
- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus test performed in the office
- Dental home care for cats and dogs including an oral rinse, toothbrush kit, and treated consumable rawhide like treats
- Our clinic carries a full line of heartworm products, and flea and tick products including Heartgard, Tri-Heart, Trifexis, Frontline, K-9 Advantix, Comfortis and many more
- Home Again Microchips
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Our clinic offers a full service laboratory for blood work, stool samples, biopsies, and urinalysis
- Digital Radiographs including OFA certified radiographs
- In hospital and out patient treatments
- Routine spay and neuter on cats and dogs
- Non-routine surgeries such as mass removals, leg amputations and laceration repairs
- Laser surgery is now used for all surgeries, making procedures less painful to the animal. It temporarily deadens the nerve endings as it cuts. It also cauterizes as it cuts, so there is less blood loss and fewer stitches, which leads to a smaller, less noticeable scar. The laser also ensures a shorter hospital stay for some procedures and makes recovery time faster.
- Routine cleanings
Feeling guilty about going on vacation and leaving the pets behind? Why not send them on their own vacation at Chesapeake Country Pet Lodge? Any dog or cat would be happy to vacation at our camp! See our Boarding page for more information about our complete Elk Neck area pet boarding services.